Canon Law requires each parish to have an active Finance Council to serve as an advisory council to the Pastor. Our Finance Committee advises the Pastor and Parish Council on various financial aspects of St. Mary's Catholic Church including expense allocations, budgets, communications, donor recognition, and financial matters. The committee is composed of the Pastor, Finance Chairman, and appointed lay leaders of the Parish.
Council Member Responsibilities:
- Attend monthly finance meetings
- Maintain ongoing communications with the Pastor and Finance Chairman
- Review all requests for funding and make recommendations to the Pastor and council for financial matters
- Assist the Pastor in developing a long-term parish capital improvement, implementation and funding sources plan
- Assist the Pastor in the preparation of, review of, and performance monitoring of the annual budget
- Support and promote the good works of Holy Trinity through faithful stewardship of time, talent, and treasure